Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Random Dozen - #1



This is my very first time linking up with 2nd Cup of Coffee's Random Dozen. I love meme's that ask questions. Funny cause I am always asking questions so it is only fair that I answer some as well. Sometimes others get a bit annoyed with my question inquiries, but to me a question not asked...you get the drift! So today I stumbled upon these...

1. Do you do garage sales? If so, tell me about one great find. If not, tell me why not.


I use to enjoy garage sailing. In fact, while making a home for my family, not only did I sail through many I would hold my own periodically to get rid of our own overflow and bring in some extra cash. Now we only stop when we see one that has something we had been looking for. We don't follow the newspaper listings at all anymore. It's more like a random hit or miss thing. My hubby, who is out and about more then I am, tends to stumble on more then the we part of us. Just this last Friday, where someone had a number of items set out for the Goodwill, (this happens a lot in his line of work, he's at a home servicing their equipment and either sees them setting up for a sale or discarding items he thinks we can use), he found a nice size shopping cart (one of those folding kind. You see when we come home with groceries, it takes a number of trips from the car to the house. Not to long ago he joked we needed a shopping cart. I thought the 'Grands' wagon worked fine, LOL) and a cooler that will fit into my chairs backpack perfectly. I joked with him that weren't we suppose to be thinning out our own junk, and here he is bringing more home, LOL. Yes, I married a pack rat and so did he.

2. Name the last thing you fixed.

Does dinner count? LOL! If not that would be the DVR on my back porch. It was relocated for guest recently and I was tired, or inpatient, with how long it was taking to get it put back. So I managed to disconnect it from one place and reconnect it at it's normal location. Does this count? If not, I had to fix a charm on a 'Grands' bracelet that had fallen off.

3. Name your A) Favorite item of makeup OR B) Favorite tool

I don't wear makeup. Unless of course there is a special event. Then I pull out my Merle Norman. Can't say any one item would be a favorite though.

4. Which room in your home needs organizing more than any other?

That would be my laundry/office/scrapbook/sewing room. With it's many functions it tends to get a bit overwhelming in there. Since I just got through sewing for our new addition, preparing for a baby shower, sorting through numerous photos, I just close the door to the mess. I really must get in there and clean it up.

5. Which room could use re-decorating?

Since we just remodeled the whole house, there isn't a room a would change, at least not in the near future. I do however have a guest house I would like to redo, in fact finish. Right now it is more like a studio, but I have room next to it that we could divide into 2 bedrooms. All in time, right! Oh and that great thing called MONEY!

6. Share something unique about your town.

A while back I was featured on Blog-trotting about my town. There are many unique things about our town. So skipped on over and read what our town is all about.

7. If you could send a one-sentence message to your great-grandchild, what would it be?

Allow God to help you map out your life and follow His directions.

8. Do you Facebook?

Guilty!

9. Describe your favorite shoes.

I was always a shoe person up until my health forced me to be practical. My hubby use to call me Imelda! Though my closet never really looked like this...


I did have many pairs, okay I still do and blogged about about them here.

These were my favorite...


Until this little lady chewed them up!


They were irreplaceable. Now I just need to replace them them with a plain old pair of croc flip flops. Since I am a bargain shopper, I am just waiting to find that prefect pair at the perfect price.

10. Do you listen to more talk radio or more music radio? What kind of station is it?

Mostly music radio and will jump between my Christian station or Country. Whenever it it is talk radio, it is on the NASCAR station.

11. How far would you travel for a really good (favorite) meal?

Since we live in the county, any eating out is considered far away. To get to our favorite Mexican Restaurant it's about 10 miles away. However, I love Red Rock Cafe in the Napa Valley which is about 750 miles away. Thank God we visit family at least twice a year.

12. If you were totally honest with yourself (and us) what should you probably be doing right now instead of blogging?

Besides doing #4? I really should be packing away all the shower decorations, not to mention doing the dishes in my sink!.

Have a GREAT day!

3 comments:

  1. Nice post. It is great getting to know you.

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you joined in this week. I enjoyed reading your answers. Your husband sounds like mine--always finding a "treasure" LOL I'll send mine off with a load, and he'll bring back something in its place :)
    Sorry about your Crocs. I love my Crocs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a yellow one of those that chewed on a pair of Skechers flip flops right after I got them. Fortunately, it wasn't a fatal chew.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails