Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!

This last week I had very little time to blog, not to mention time to be on the computer.

Why?

I have been busy getting ready for our Fun Filled Family Labor Day Weekend Celebration!

My brother and his wife were coming to town, as was our Fireman son and his family, along with the mommy to be's mom. Plus we had in town family and friends coming to celebrate with us as well. As is custom with me and any gathering, I go a bit over and beyond to make sure the events have all the little touches I love to do. I must admit, it is getting harder and harder for me to achieve my own expectations, but that doesn't stop me. I am so thankful to have my daughter available to help me out. Even my hubby picks up the slack and lends a hand.

To get ready for the weekend which included 2 birthday parties and a baby shower, I first had to make some bowls for the baby shower. These were simple dimple. A tutorial will be available on our party blog, Two Kids and a Party later this week.


Next was turning valances into bumper pads for the cradle. These caused some distress as my sewing machine decided to take a dump. Time for it to go to the repair shop and forcing me to hand stitch them. Unfortunately I didn't get them completely finished but they will be before the new addition to the family arrives. Since the seam is on the bottom, the unfinished edge would not be seen by the guest.



I also made a lot of Paper Puff's for decorations. These too were so simple and a tutorial will be available later this week as well.


Once I had made almost a dozen of them it was time for them to find there place for the shower and also for the 3 year olds birthday party. I love turning my chandler into a focal point. Once I had the puffs hanging I felt it needed something more...


So I added some flowers and raffita, but it still needed something else. I had an assortment of ribbon and a light bulb went of in my head and this is what it finally looked like.


As if I didn't have enough to do I also bought an over the door shoe holder and turned it into a Barbie holder for Peanut.



Then it was time to turn the arch I made for my daughter's wedding into one for a baby shower.


I removed all the sunflowers and replaced them with pink flowers and some puffs. I love, love, love how it turned out. I even moved it from the corner to the center of the patio. It made a perfect beverage table area.


Then there was the diaper cake to make and with the help of my daughter, I just love how it turned out.


Once the shower decorations were completed, I needed to get onto constructing the treats. I remade Brownis, Ho-Ho's, Oreo's and pink marchmellow's into these....




Sorry my pictures are kind of fuzzy. I was so busy making these I didn't take pictures of the steps and had to crop them from other pictures. I know my daughter did go around and take pictures but has yet to upload them. We will have better pictures on our party blog and will even make a few to show how I did them. Thankfully I have supplies left over so it won't be a problem.

The final decorations were for the 3 year old and her first Princess Party. Since this is the third one I have done, I had many of the supplies already available. It was just a matter of setting the table.


I changed out the place settings for the boys to plain green wrapping paper cut to size and used the bubble wands as flowers. Saturday afternoon the cake was assembled replacing the bubble flowers as the center piece just before it was time to blow out the candles.


After all the work it was time to enjoy the family. Let the parties begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails