Monday, June 28, 2010

Check Out What We Did!

Yesterday there was a baby shower for a very dear friend of our daughter. However her mom and I had met some 13 years ago when she interviewed us for a scholarship our daughter was receiving to Hope International University (formally PCC, Pacific Christian College). At that time her daughter was already off at college. Her daughter moved home when she battling breast cancer. Without our help, they connected a few years ago, and as God had planned, they are now raising babies together. Her mom and I hugged yesterday and gave praises for the growth of our children. He has surely rewarded us.

So what did we do for this special lady...

It began with this...


I removed the original drawstring and added ribbons the color of her nursery. I was going to stencil his name on the liner but wasn't to sure it would look nice. So, next time I make one of these I will embroider the babies name on the liner.

My daughter created these...






While I put together this...


Which all went in here...


She opened it like this...


The shower was so much fun. They had a candy bar which allowed me to fill my candy jar at home. I also won a center piece, good thing because our little group had been eating it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails