Sunday, May 16, 2010

Getting to Know You!


Every Sunday, usually after church,
I sit down with the computer in my lap and hook up with Keely's GTKY.

Although today, I played hookie from church.
Hubby woke up with one of his pounding headaches
and my ankle/foot still is giving me trouble.


As I looked over and read some of the other post linked up, it dawned on me, and it really wasn't the first time either, that I am the I think the only grandma who answers her questions. Now grant it, I don't read every single one. If I did it would take me hours since her link usually has close if not over 100 participants. So if there are other's, I am sorry I missed you. Leave me a comment so I can go back and read yours. 

Onto the questions that she asked. You too can join in, just go on over, grab the questions, answer them however you want, go back and link up with her so others can get to know you.

The questions..


1. The most expensive thing hanging in my closet is.....?


An evening gown I bought in Las Vegas for a convention banquet. I had won $4100 on a slot machine and treated myself with a beautiful gown. So far it was the one and only time I wore it. I will wear it again though, as we go to conventions at least once a year if not more. It also depends on the theme. Sometimes they are casual like western or the 50's kind of themes. I will be ready though when they have a formal one.



2. Have you ever played a team sport?


When I was young I played baseball. We were called the Larks. I really didn't like it though and only played a couple of years. Then when my daughter was born I joined a bowling league with my mom and sisters. That was a lot of fun but only did it for 1 year. However, when our kids started kindergarten, they were able to join the swim team and we were very involved in the team from committee's and fund raisers to being a deck mom for almost 10 years.



3. If you were a bug, what kind would you be?


My first choice would be like what other's have said, a caterpillar.

Preferably this kinds...

So I turn into...


Second choice would be a Lady bug...


4. Where on your body is the worst place to get sunburned? (thanks Ian)


It's been a while since I have had a really bad sunburn but when I did it was the top of my head. I forgot to where a hat when we were in the Caymans on a boat all day. Not only did my head get so burnt that it was hard to brush my hair but shoulders also got really burnt that I would have loved to not wear any clothing of any kind.



5. Are you happy?

Very, very, very HAPPY! After all how I could I not be...I have 3 wonderful grown children who have given me 5 adorable grandchildren and one more on the way with a step grandson to top the cake.



6. People are always abbreviating..are there any abbreviations that make your skin crawl when people use them?


Doesn't make my skin crawl, just can't figure them out sometime..."what the heck does that mean?" I ask my daughter if texted an abbreviation I can't figure out.



7. Do you love where you live..or could you live anywhere?


Actually I love where we live. It was not a place I thought we would be living but have come to love it and really don't want to live anywhere else. We live 2 1/2 hours from a big city and the beach. I do miss the redwoods we use to live by but not the tourist that flood the valley now. I do wish family was closer though.



8. What, if any, extreme measures do you go to to keep yourself from overeating when you're full?

Nothing extreme. I don't have to eat everything on my plate. Once full I'm done, that is until it's desert time which is often an hour or so later.

So there you have my answers....now it's your turn.

3 comments:

  1. Your grandkids are very adorable. I can see why you are so proud of them.

    The thing I hate about getting burned on the head, is that if it peels, you look like you have very bad dandruff. Gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gown must be amazing!! How fun!
    You might be the only Grandma..but how cool is that!?

    Haappy Sunday Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading your answers!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails