Friday, April 23, 2010

5 Q's Friday

TGIF also brings 5 Question Friday!


 
Boy, am I out of the touch...everyone, well maybe not everyone, seems to be vlogging it. Since I don't have a camera set up to my computer, I must stay with the old fashion way.

Oh well, I'm kinda old fashion anyhow.

Onto today questions.

1. What was the first car you owned?

I didn't get my first car till I was 19 and believe it our not I only paid $35 for a 1963 Corvair. Yep, that's all it cost me, since that is all I had. My husbands cousin had this car that was out in a field where the weeds were taller then it. It started out as a joke but I was serious. So him and my hubby dragged it out and towed it to our house. (oops, I just admited we lived together before we got married. Oh well. It was better then living at home and though some didn't think we would make it, shame on them, we've been together 35 years) Back to the car. My hubby got right on checking out the motor, while I took to cleaning up the inside. It wasn't long and I don't remember what all he had to do to it, but it ran. That same summer we took our very first 2 week vacation together in that car, with 2 dogs and a cat (I wouldn't leave my babies home alone) and headed up the pacific coast then crossed over to Trinity and back home. We had stopped in this little town called Whiskeytown and as my hubby was getting something out of the trunk a little boy walked up and asked where our motor was. My hubby played it up and told him it was like the Flinstones car and we footed it there. I guess the little guy never saw a car where the motor was in the trunk and the trunk was where the motor went. Great memories!

2. What song are you embarrassed to know the lyrics to?

Golly gee! It's not so much being embarrassed to know the lyrics as it to not remembering them. Gotta love these senior moments.

3. Have you ever had stitches?

Oh yes, and not just from childbirth. I have had many surgeries, way to many! One in particular had over 100 stitches and was on the side of my face. After they removed the tumor, so not to leave a bad scar, the doctor stitched it up with tiny and close together stitches. The funny thing is it ended up forming a Y. It goes in front of my ear and behind my ear and down under my chin. The joke is I am branded for life.

4. What was your first job?

After graduating from high school, and since I was not going off to college, I needed money so I went to work at our local Round Table. My sister was the manager and gave me the job and also the shifts that interferred with my social life. She was the one in the family that took over the mothering in a disfunctional family (not that our mom was doing a bad job, she was just at the age where she thought she knew more then our mom did). She thought by working me weekend nights I wouldn't be able to go out partying. WRONG! I just went out after work. When she wouldn't give me the time off to go to a concert, I quit! The next week I got a day job at a sewing factory and worked days and made even more money. Haha!
5. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character?

Mine would be two, Bert and Ernie. Though I like Grover and of course the Cookie Monster. And who couldn't love Snuffleupagus. Ok, so that is more then two. But Bert and Ernie would be my favorite. My twin boys loved them and named their parakeets after them. When they were 3, they wanted to be Bert and Ernie for Halloween but we couldn't find a Bert costume so one was Big Bird and later they switched so they each got to be Ernie.
 
Now it's your turn!



1 comment:

  1. Coming to you through Five Question Friday. I always wanted a Corvair. Lucky you for having one!

    Love your blog and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails