Friday, April 16, 2010

5 Q's Friday


TGIF!

Before I get to my answers for 5 Q's Friday I wanted to show you what I got the other day. A dear friend of my daughter, actually she was my daughter's nanny for a few years, was selling her antique piano. I have always wanted one but was never in the right place or time with finances. So when she posted on Facebook that she was selling this, I immediately called my hubby and asked if we had the funds. It was approved for purchase and later that evening we set out to acquire our jewel. It took 3 men to get it into the utility trailer which created a few EWE's and almost OOP's. It will remain in said trailer until all my boys are home to help bring it in the house. Did I mention it is VERY HEAVY!

So I have been asked..."Do you play or is it just an antique?" Yes, it plays but I will need a lot of refreshing time since it has been 30+ years since I took lessons. Before my daughter was born, I was taking classes through our community college. When I became pregnant, morning sickness, which lasted the whole nine months, stopped me in my tracks. I still have all my books and plan to have this beauty tuned (only a couple keys need attention) and pick up where I left off. It will also be great for the 'Grands' to learn some piano playing as well. 


Other then this, I had a pretty lazy week which is normal after traveling. Slowly, and I mean slowly, the laundry is getting done. Trailer is unpacked, cleaned and ready for the next outing, thanks to my hubby.

Now onto 5 Question from Mama M at My Little Life. By now my followers know the routine but if you are new, you go to her blog, grab the questions, answer them, then go back and link up. It's really fun to see how other's have answered the questions so do check them out when you're there. If you don't follow Mama M, you really should. She's a hoot!

So onto the Q's:


1. What words do you use on your blog/online that you don't use in real life?

I pretty much write like I talk...however in real life...I few bad words tend to make their way over my lips, lol. Once I asked my daughter how a certain blog sounded, and her reply was, like you.

2. Do you still write checks?

The only check (yep just one) I write is to my doctor every other week. Her office doesn't do debit cards. All bills are on automatic payments. I just love it! Now I am never late because I forgot to write that check.

3. Who was your favorite President and why?

Wow, this is toughy! In a way there has been certain things I like about all our presidents, just like there are things I didn't like. So I'll just leave it at that.

4. Are you a yeller?

Unfortunately yes, but only when someone (and this includes Bella our 4 months old puppy) has taken me to that point. I am not happy when I have and will do what is needed to simmer the pot when it begins to boil over.

5. Have you ever dumpster dived?

Not me, but my SIL's neighbor did it regularly and actualy she found some really neat things. We had taken our kids (when they were little) to the dumps a few times and back then you were allowed to salvage. Kids can find the most interesting things. Once we found a case of Billy Beer, the beer they produced when Jimmy Carter was president. That was an awesome find and I still have 3 of the six packs. We gave one to a friend for his collection.
 
Your turn...


 

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky to get that piano!! I don't play but have always wanted to!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails