Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


How to take part:

It's pretty much like all the other link ups.

Write your blog page using the questions/picture ideas listed at her link.
Then post your page and Link your post back to her,
join her Mister Linky and your on you way.

FOR TODAY- Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Outside my window...As always blue skies, a slight breeze, and our puppy is playing mischiefly around the house. The tree outside my window is beginning to show signs of spring and will soon look like this.


I am thinking...of why life can be so complicated. Why do the steps have to be so darn steep at times and other times, they are layed out so perfectly, the walk is pleasant. As we walk up these steep steps, I have faith they will lead us to a plateau of great beauty and peace of mind.

I am thankful for...having Jesus in our lives, who died for our sins, and through him we overcome the things that come our way.

From the kitchen...comes the wailing of dirty dishes that want attention. Instead I am sitting here typing away. I'll be there in a minute! Your sink will shine, and we'll figure out what's for dinner. Hang tight!


I am wearing...lounge pants and a sweat shirt.


I am remembering...the time my husband and I were in my brother's wedding, in 1988, when after the ceremony we were having group pictures be taken. We were all gathered up on the gazebo and our twins were sitting on the steps watching the action. When my hubby turned to leave, he did not see the boy's and tripped over them, falling to the ground. He was more embarrassed then hurt. The rest of the day, many would comment on his fancy foot work of not hurting the twins and if only a video was running, it would make Funniest Home Video's. Why in the world would I be thinking of this today? My SIL posted old photo's on her Facebook. And these are what triggered the moment.


I am creating...a plan for our upcoming Easter dinner.

I am going...to see the 'Grands' tomorrow and take them to the book fair.

I am reading...my followers blogs and the ones I follow right now.

I am hoping...for some rellief from the pain I have been having. Maybe if I stop overdoing it, it might help. There is just so much to do the beginning of spring and must be done in order to have an enjoyable summer.

I am hearing...a little voice in my head to get those dishes done, LOL!

Noticing that...none of my summer clothes will fit if I don't lose some of this winter weight.


Pondering these words..."The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been, and the memories we've made along the way." Marjoleim Bastin

From the Learning Rooms...that every day is a lesson. We learn new things everyday. Like I learned the puppy jumping on my lap needs to stop. She is getting bigger and needs to learn she just won't be a lap dog. Do Labs ever learn this?


Around the house...the hot tub has been cleaned. The dog kennel is cleaned. Hubby is almost done adding the trim. Base boards are down. Door casings are up. Floor transition piece's are in place. And there are always puppy toys everywhere.


One of my favorite things...is getting ready for NASCAR week in Phoenix. Watching the 'Grands' get excited as they watch the trailer being prepared.


A few plans for the rest of the week: Wednesday is the book Fair and Ellie Bellie's Birthday dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Thursday my car goes to the shop and dinner is being prepared for us as a thank you for our hospitality. Friday the housekeeper comes and the weekend of NASCAR preparations continues.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...


Visit The Simple Woman for more daybooks and join the meme!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails