Sunday, January 3, 2010

WWJD

I just loved the sermon in church today. As I sat there listening, I was thinking of Mckmama. She posted a BOLD blog yesterday, and everything she wrote about pretained to today's readings in one way or another.

"We know that we have come to know Him if we obey His commands. The man who says, "I know Him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But IF anyone obeys His word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are with Him: Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did." 1 John 2:3-6

What does Jesus want from us as believer? To OBEY his commands.

IF we are going walk as Jesus did, WWJD (Walk The Way Jesus Did), Jesus Forgives

"Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"



Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times." (Matthew 18:21-22)

IF we are going to walk as Jesus did, WWJD, Jesus Prayed

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him." (Matthew 6:6-8)



Jesus said He will answer our prayers if we remain Fruit Bearing Disciples

"I am the vine; you are the branches. IF a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. IF anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. IF you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." (John 15:5-8)

IF we are going to walk as Jesus did, WWDJ, Jesus met the needs of others according to his means. He insist we do likewise.

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.



"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

IF we are going to walk as Jesus did, WWJD, We must LOVE ONE ANOTHER even as He first loved us.

In loving others we reveal our love for God.

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' (Matthew 7:20-23)

So for Mckmama I will continue to pray, for her, for her doing of God's work, for the health of her children, to the means she acquires from her blog, doing God work and following His commands.

I will continue to take myself closer to God, to forgive and to love, to feed and to clothe, to pray as I WWJD.

I pray that someday, I can write and spread the Word of God as elligantly as she, but till then, I am a follower of God, of her, and I will learn to WWJD.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post. I just found your blog and I must say that you can (and have) write the Word as well as she did. I think there is nothing more powerful than the Word itself. Thank you for recalling all these passages to mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely said, Elizabeth. Very thoughtfully written.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails