Sunday, December 13, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree!

O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!

O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!

Thy leaves are so unchanging;

However, things are a changing...

The plan was to go to Alpine today to pick out and bring home our tree.

Upon getting ready for church, I reached to retrieve my coat from the closet, and felt a snap, pop, then PAIN! Seems I tore loose part of one of the tumors in my lower back. I made it through church but there is no way I can or should travel 4 hours, to and fro, to get a tree.

As the day has progressed, so has the swelling and pain! I couldn't even bend over to get the pan out to cook our Sunday pork roast...HELP! I love my hubby! He's busy, busy, busy, laying down the last of the hardwood flooring, and stops to help me out.

Usually after we church we do our grocery shopping for the week, but not today. So on the way home, while I waited in the car, he at least went in for milk, the one thing at the top of the list. There's a good reason why we built a pantry and keep the freezer stocked. We never know when this Journey Through LIFE will have a bump to throw things out of wack. 

We decided that since this year things have been so chaotic, tossing some traditions to the side for a year, isn't going to hurt. So we will, when I can walk again, look around town for an already cut tree, urgh! At least we will have a tree.

He even suggested, that when he is finished laying the floor, he will bring in the fake tree's (I had already gotten them unbagged and shaped last week) so that maybe I can work on them at what ever pace possible. 

As long as it looks a bit like Christmas for Christmas, I will be happy.

Thank God I finished up the grandchildren's shopping Saturday. They're not wrapped, but I have time to get that done. I have a KING size bed and a MAN with a KING size heart! He'll put the supplies within reach for me and clear it off at night for sleep. Hopefully I won't be down weeks like the last time.


Thy leaves are so A changing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails