Not a Wordless Wednesday or even One Word Wednesday!
Where did Monday and Tuesday go?
Monday was a blur...pain meds, sleep, a few blogs, sleep, pain meds, read, semi-sleep (while my grandson watched Prancer and my daughter took Ellie Bellie to dance for me. I had made a treat for all the little dancer's and she had a great time passing them out for me). When everyone got home, my daughter and the "Grands" brought in some of my boxes. The "Grands" did just as my kids use to, awed and ohed as each angel and snowman was unwrapped from it tissue wrap. It was precious! I would try to help but was quickly order, "Mom, go back and lay down!" So, Ellie Bellie and I watched 'Eloise at Christmastime' laying on my bed.
It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Hubby continued to lay down more hardwood floor....finished it last night. Base board and trim will wait till after Christmas. It feels really good that all the major construction is finished.
...then brought me in the most scrumptious BBQ pork sandwich he made from our left over Sunday Pork Roast. After that, I did some more reading and blogging before falling into dream land.
SO what happened to Tuesday?
Well, I thought I could putt around, and after many attempts, I finally got some greenery added in the family area. Only 50 more feet to get up along with the ribbons, ornaments, and bows to dress it up!
How could so little take me most of the day to accomplish. If you have ever had back problems you understand, now add tumors and bulging disc and you get my days lately. Hubby was not happy when he got home, asked why a chair was in front of the entertainment center, then noticed the greenery. He didn't scold me but did wish I would wait for him or my daughter. It is so hard for me to not add my own touches to my house. He also surprised me with Famous Dave's BBQ Rib's. YUMMY! I even surprised him that I wanted to go to our "Grands" School Christmas Program. I wasn't very fashionable but I made it. I couldn't stay till the end but I did get to see them and they saw me. My pictures are not very good but until my daughter uploads her's these are all I have.
My night ended with a visit from my DIL. We laid in my bed, talked and cried, hugged, listened to music and cried some more. It's one of those things I can't fix but can love, support and encourage. We prayed and asked God to take care of things as He plans and we will have faith and hope in His plan.
All that brings us to HUMP day! As I lay here, watching yet another Christmas movie, typing away...I really, really want to get up and do some shopping. My mind races with the many things I need to do but my body is saying the complete opposite. I will start with a shower and go from there. I'll let you know how it goes!
Hey Liz - just wanted you to know that I read your blog and find you to be so very insprational! I'm going through a very rough patch, not feeling very 'in the spirit' ... can't tell you how many times I have cried this week already. But your blog always helps me gain perspective and remember to trust Him and stop worrying about the details. So ... thanks.
ReplyDeleteYour welcome! Hang in there! Give all your family our love.
ReplyDelete