Wednesday, December 30, 2009

EARTHQUAKE!




At 11:48 Yuma time, we had a 5.8 earthquake rumble our home, and I mean RUMBLE!

My Christmas tree's jingled as the ornaments danced, my pool had white caps, and my SIL, who was leaving after dropping off the 'Grands' said my SUV was even rocking. Needless to say it shook us up also.

For the last hour and half we have been having aftershocks ranging from 4.9, 4.0, 3.8, and a few around 2.8

The epicenter is in Guadalupe Victoria, Mexico, which is about 30-40 miles away.

This is how we keep track of them...

3 comments:

  1. Being a native of the San Francisco area, I know how frightening earthquakes can be. It always left me with a sick/nervous/icky feeling in my stomach. Not just fear, but that rolling sensation that I could not get used to. Now that I live on the other coast, I just have to worry about tornadoes and hurricanes, but at least you get some warning with them. I hope you have a calm rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a native of the Bay Area, the Napa Valley and have experienced earthquakes all my life. Remember when in school...we even had earthquake drills by getting under our desk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy!! Earthquakes are just something I cannot fathom...being a lifelong MinneSOOOtan! Wow...that would be unreal...glad everyone was safe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails