Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day 26...Give Thanks

1 Thessalonians 5:17-19 (New International Version)

16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give
thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will
for you in Christ Jesus.

Even my best plans can be altered.
The wind never died down and about noon, Hubby called to tell me he was on his way home to roll up the plastic, opening up the under construction dining room, so we could eat in the house.

Plus, I didn't get my ornaments made as planned, I didn't get to use them as the place cards, but they will get finished this weekend.

All was well...




Our day of Thanksgivings began with breakfrast with the Grands and a toast to a wonderful day ahead. They helped me chop, measure, stir, and ate samples during the day.



Sister learned how to fold napkins...



She had picked out the table cloth, the napkins, set the table, and was very pleased with her results.

The table was now ready, though not my best, but it was hers, and under the circumstances, it was a beautiful, yet simple table, and having her help set it, made it even more special.



Time to carve the turkey, say our prayers of Thanksgiving, and dig into a meal that a bit of everyone helped to create.



Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails