Friday, October 23, 2009

The Work Begins With...

Planning a party take organization. After I have search and search, and searched some more it is time to put the ideas into action. Creating samples really help. Last week I wanted to see how the Candy Corn pizza would work so on our Grandma Day the kids and I gave it a try. It was pretty easy. I used premade pizza crust from Albertson's. After brushing the crust with olive oil it was time to create it. So Simple! One thing I plan to do different for the party is a large center of the mozzarella. Also, since my grandson can't eat much cheese I will make a special plain pepperonie for him.




Next was to get the supplies for the scarecrow. All pieces are cut and ready for the kids to do their craft. I have also decided to have available paper plates to make a pumpkin.



Onto some decorations. I loved the idea of the chair covers. I had bought some cheap white pillow caes for my daughter wedding but the did not fit the cushions I had planned to use them. Instead of taking them back I used them to creat the Ghost chair covers. Then while sitting outside relaxing, eyeing one of my stoles I thought...why not! So the stools at the island also got covered. I love how they came out.



These are an old favorite and have been making them since my kids were little. Even when they got older, I still made the for the little trick or treater's.


As it gets closer I will share more of the party prep. This weekend my daughter and I will make the Nutterbuter Ghost and Witch's Wands.

Life that doesn't include party prep...

Every Monday is grandma day. it begins with picking the kids up from school, off the Ellie's dance, then to grandma's house. Last week, Ellie didn't want to go to dance and since i had a headache, worked fine for me. Grandpa came home early to do prep work of his own and of course he can't run the fork lift without the help of Ellie and Anthony. Upon taking this picture, I told Amber, by the time they are old enough to drive it themselves, we will have a life of fork lift photos capturing their journey.



We also had water that day (we flood irragate) so they thought it was cool to swing in the water.



I have not wrote about my 3 other grandchildren that live away but are very dear to my heart. I yearn for the same realtionship but understand that their life is where it is and I will be the grandma that sees them 3 or 4 times a year. Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I have not seen them since April. However my daughter was able to find a picture of them at a recent birthday party. I was amazed how long Lillian's hair has gotten. Serena looks like Ellie did at that age, and Titus is such a little man. I miss them so much and pray daily that someday we will get the chance to see them again. Until then...




The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.

Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.

Proverbs 3, 5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails