Tuesday, October 8, 2019

31-Days of Five-Minute Free Writes Challenge ~ Gather


The word prompt for day eight of the 31-Days of Five-Minute Free Writes...Gather.

"GO..."

A day I will never forget!

Cousins who had only met once before, with other children on the beach, came together to dig and gather sand crabs. 

It all began with an adult in our group showing the youngest grand what can be found in the sand along this beachfront. When his cousin arrived, he loved being the older person, showing him what he had learned. For the rest of the day, these two kept digging, getting excited when one became the biggest they had found, or when a shovel full had found multiples. When other kids came over to see what they were so excited about, they shared the knowledge with the new friends. 

Even if for just this day, these six children gathered together, creating memories they will never forget and will more than likely share this day later in life.

Seeds were planted that will grow as they do, that...

"For where there are two or three gathered in my name, there I am among them."
(Matthew 18:20)

They had no clue He was with them, not yet, but someday they will.

For me, as I gazed upon their playing, my heart became so full, and I knew He was among us! 

"STOP!"


For October, I'm participating in Kate's 31 Days of Five-Minute Free Writes. I will be sharing our journey through life, one day at a time using the prompts provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails