Did this really just happen!
I was so elated and gasped in awe as those beautiful bright white wings rose and fell, as it's taking flight into a bright light that is indescribable! It wasn't blinding at all, but radiated with a sense of peace and calm upon my soul.
Was I visualizing something I remember as a child being taught about the Holy Spirit or was this actually a present dream?
Was it a dream?
I remember being startled by its presence!
Where did it come from?
Was it just sitting on a branch out my window, watching from the outside in, waiting for the perfect time to wrap its wings around me?
Journeying through our recent medical issues, hubby's as well, I have had some unbelievable dreams after my nightly prayers. Just the other morning upon waking, hubby began to describe his vision of us at an amusement park, and he couldn't find me. Oh, my goodness! I was having the same dream, but I couldn't find him, but in mine, it wasn't an amusement park, it was some kind of festival. Yet our search was the same.
I believe we all land here ever so often, applying whatever it is needed to rise through them. Having a loving God, watching over us day and night, comforts the soul and eases the fear of what we are facing, working through, and growing from.
What I had been questioning seemed to come to light that night.
Another prayer whispered from my heart, and as I heard the answer that seemed to echo like one heard on a mountaintop, I knew.
I can still hear the echoes in the silence...
When God empowered me to write my story, there was more to it than I realized. Reading similar stories along this journey, I learned I wasn't alone. Why is my story any different than theirs? I am no way a Beth Moore, or any other well-known bible study writer who survivor being guided to share their experience and how the love of God brought them through it. Nor do I feel like I fit into that world. And that is fine. God doesn't expect me to be a copy of someone else, He wants me in all my uniqueness, just like I am.
I've traveled this path of doubt many times throughout this journey.
But this time it was different.
This time, I have no doubt that creating this book brought with it the healing, the validation, and the growth, rebuilding so many roads that were finally mapped out, as he had intended. However, I believe I was focusing on the wrong thing and didn't notice what else he had been working on within me, until recently.
The Holy Spirit showed me the way. Now it's up to me to bring it to fruition.
No comments:
Post a Comment
A penny for your thoughts...