Tuesday, January 9, 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ January

For Today
January 9, 2018
http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com

Looking out my window...
I see rain! 

Luckily the guys got most of the cleaning up done over the last weekend. 

With the high winter winds that had blown through over the holidays, leaving behind leaves, trigs and whatever else that could land in the yard, they got it done just in time! 



Now we have a branch and more debris to clean up!

It never ends!

I am thinking...this is going to be a good year! 
No, let me correct that, it's going to be a GREAT year!

I am thankful...for the family and friends who are in our lives. 
For a loving God who provides everything!
I am thankful for the FAITH we've held onto during some rocky roads.

That's What Faith Can Do!



One of my favorite things...aren't things at all, they are my children and my grandchildren! 
They are the loves of my life!
God knows!

I am creating...a year of adventures. 
It's quite a list!
We call it, "40-4-40."
40 Adventures for 40 Years of Marriage.
There is a good chance we might end up doing more than 40.
So many things are happening this year.
For us, an adventure can be a gathering around a dinner table.
It can happen while having a flat tire.
It's all about how we look at our situation.
We can make the most of it or drown in the worse of it?
The glass isn't half empty or half full, it's refillable!

That's What Faith Can do!

I am wearing...my P.J.'s still. 

I am watching...this kitty climb the carpet.



 I am listening...to the TV. 
I have no idea what is on, it's just some white noise in the background.

I am reading...and rereading what I type if that counts.
I haven't been able to concentrate on a book in months.
Praying that ends soon.

I am hoping...all the plans we are creating are the plans God has for us as well.
All have been prayed on.
Some might change how we see them, but not how He does.
He knows!
We just follow.

I am learning...Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:4-7) 
Amen!

In my kitchen...We've been playing around with Hello Fresh!



This Figgy Balsamic Pork was delicious!

There are so many different companies now you can buy meals from and are delivered to your door weekly, monthly, bi-monthly.
There are other types of boxes, crates, and bag with subscriptions now.
I am guilty of doing a few others myself.

In my garden...there is nothing but a big mess!
High winds tore the gazebo cover up.
Weeds seem to be happy there, but I'm not.
Praying the spring returns to my feet soo.
Hopefully before Spring!

Something that caught my eye...would be...


https://www.lularoe.com/
Have you tried any of the items they sell?
I'm in love with the leggings!
Comfortable!
Soft!
They come in some cute prints along with solids in beautiful colors.
Then I tried my first Carly.
Fell in love!



Not the best photo's but they do show how comfy they are for lounging, LOL!

Share a Quote...




A moment from one of my days...watching my grandson get Baptized. 


If you want to participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook, click HERE and follow the steps she has made available.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for sharing your daybook. What a joyous occassion to see a grandchild baptized! Your LuLa leggings are cute. I love your 40-4-40 and the idea behind it. Adventure is everywhere, and it's far more about attitude than activity. :)
    Blessings,
    Mama K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Keeping the attitude in check is the key.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful font on your blog. What is it? I love your 40-4-40. What a wonderful way to approach life. I love seeing your cat climb the carpet on the wall! What a fun and unique way to keep them exercising. I too am dealing with trusting in God no matter what happens. I like that Bible verse you posted. I'm going to have to put that up somewhere that I'll see it daily. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea the name of the font. The area rug was being removed is why it was up against the wall. It would make a great play thing for her.

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails