Friday, July 16, 2010

5 Q's Friday

I must say first off I feel a bit better today, YAHOO!

Last evening, my daughter and I worked on the ribbon skirt and I am so happy with how it is coming out. It is almost done. It did take a bit longer then plan, but still in a matter of 3 hours we got it assembled and today I will do the sewing part of it and adding some jewels to the rivets for some added bling. Once fully completed I will share the finished product.

Onto Mama M's Five Question Friday.

1. Do you collect anything?

Oh my, do I ever!
Old Dishes


Old Kitchen Gadgets


Hummel's


Dolls


Old Glass


And magnets from our travels


To name just a few. I wouldn't consider myself a hoarder though as each collection is well, ok maybe not well, but relatively organized. I even have a collection of t-shirts from all our travels while raising 3 kids. Goal to someday turn them into memory quilts for each of them.

2. Name 3 celebrities that you find good looking.

Even though he has been a bit of a jerk lately, ok a BIG jerk, Mel Gibson.


Another would Matthew Mcconaughey


Last but definitely not least... Harrison Ford


3.Do you have any scars? If so, what's the story behind it (them?)?

Lets just say I have many. I have one that is shaped like the letter Y that goes in front and behind my ear and down my chin. I have one, no make that two, scars similar to a c-section as they cut into that area a couple times. I have scars from biopsies on my thigh and both arms. All my scars are from having tumors removed.

4. What is a food that you like to eat, but others might think it's gross or weird?

That would be liverwurst. I don't get it much as no one else will eat it and it goes bad before I can finish it.

5. Have you ever seen a tornado in real life?

I didn't actually see one as we were instructed to stay inside and be prepared in case one hit the hotel we were staying in. It was 2004 and we were at the Indy 500. The friends with us decided to venture out in hunt for one though. Being grandparent, we chose to follow directions and stay put since we had a family at home. They on the other hand were bachelor's and loved doing risky things. 12 tornado's touch down that evening. As close as I ever want to get. The next morning we say all the destruction first hand and a few touched down within mere miles of our hotel, not to mention the one that touched down where we were parked at the races. We left the races early due to weather and my lack of ability to walk. I was still using crutches back then while going through therapy to learn how to walk without them.

Now it's your turn. Mama M would love for you to link up to her, so head on over, grab the question, answer them and link back to her.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails