Thursday, May 20, 2010

You Capture - Depth of Field


I love participating in "You Capture" and this weeks assignment was a lot of fun. If only I had a better camera. You see, I shut all my pictures with a Kodak Easy Shot Z1015 IS.

My daughter has the fancy one's. She began with the Canon Power Shot 5S and recently got herself a Canon Rebel XTI. I have used her Power Shot many times and love the pictures I have captured. I have yet to play with her Rebel. I hope to soon but for now I just use my little ole Kodak.

So here are my pictures of Depth of Field (DOF). 

This one was taken when we went and visited the ostrich the other day. I saw the goats and their babies and after taking a picture through the fence I wanted to try the DOF by focusing on just the fence.


The rest our from my yard.

Peeking through the banana tree at our Abby girl.


A picture of a rope the kids have tied to a tree to swing with.


And Button's goggles perched on the fence around the pool.


Here is one of our passion fruit, shutting toward the beach (our version of a sandbox) patio and another shutting one above the fence that shows our neighbors pasture and trees. 




A grandma's house isn't complete without bubbles (yes we have cookies too) and we love taking pictures of them being blown. This one wasn't taken this week but fit the assignment.


My last one is of our 'Grand' Day Monday when Bug was building his tower on the kitchen island.


I had a lot of fun with this assignment. Next week will be SKY and if you know me, and for those who are getting to know me, I love sunrise's and sunsets, and cloud formations. I already have a few picked out to share and will go out and about capturing other's.

If you want to see more pictures of DOF or join in on the fun, just head on over to I Should Be Folding Laundry (which I really should be doing myself) and see all the wonderful photo's others have captured.
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Very nice, I like the bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great examples of depth of field. I really like the bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are wonderful.....the bubbles are my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! I love the one of your childs goggles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fruit and the tower shot...all are great captures!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails