Saturday, February 20, 2010

Tangled Web's

"Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!"
Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.
Scottish author & novelist (1771 - 1832)


Some people can really spin a web. Some people spin such webs that others get caught in them. They work hard to lure and capture others in their web.
 
Some people believe they are a puppet master. They pull strings and yank at the heart of others.


I can honetly say that I do not spin any webs nor use others as puppets. I work hard in cleaning the webs off my walls. I also found it was more enjoyable to watch a puppet show then to put one on. This is not to say I am always good or always right, just that I try to do the right thing, act on the truth, share the truth, learn from the truth, and be blessed by the truth. The path along this road might not be easy, but so long as I keep focused on the truth at hand, why I am or was fighting for that truth, God always seems to reward me in the end.

And what about those closets...


My closets are clean, well organized, and can be opened anytime. Though there are some things in there I am not proud of, it did create growth and knowledge. We all learn from our mistakes and they will always remain a part of me but not control me.
 
So I say, let them spin away, because my house is clean. When it seems to get cluttered by all the junk and webs, most of what is usually created by others, though my fault of letting them into my heart and home, I bring in the cleaning crew. With their help, all that junk, all those webs, all that clutter, is taken care of. I'll watch the puppet show, laugh or cry through it, and I will remember it is just a show. I believe there is only one Master and that is God!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, that looks like one of my closets...literally speaking of course! ;)

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails