Thursday, January 21, 2010

You Capture - Love Around Your Home

As I continue on in this blogging world I find more and more places of interest. Through one blog by Melissa at Home is Where Your Story Begins I found I Should be Folding Laundry and her hop on You Capture

Photobucket

I have always loved photography as you can tell by my blog, I tend to post pictures more then words. I am by no means a professional at this and have never taken a class on it, but is something I love to do and I have Our Journey Through LIFE well captured.

For this weeks challenge we are asked to capture, Love Around Your Home. Normally I would capture my 'Grands', but I think you all have seen them a lot, so I am going to capture the things around my home I love.

Like my old dishes....

I favor Homer Laughlin and Fiestaware. I have my grandmothers old fiesta bowls. And my mother in law had been picking me up old plates. Whenever I see dishes I have a habit of turning them over to see where they came from and by who. I am not an expert, just know what I need to add to my collection.

The white set is my newest Homer Laughlin addition and was a Christmas gift from my hubby. He found a complete set for 12 with casserole dishes, platters, butter dish and cream and sugar dishes and is dated 1914.

This Black and White set came from my mother in law and her mother use to work at Wellsville China Company. Unfortunately she lost a few pieces during an earthquake but I continue to find replacements to make the set complete again.

I have a descent collection of old kitchen utensils. Now that our new kitchen is finished, I can unpack the rest.

 
I love old glass...

I love Hummels...

And I love old dolls, especially ones that look like my daughter. The one in red and purple were made 30+ years ago to resemble her.


These are just a few of the things I Love Around My Home. I can't wait to get the rest unpacked.

Now it's your turn! Head over to I Should be Folding Laundry, link up and check out what others love around their homes.

5 comments:

  1. I love the black and white set, gorgeous and I can see why you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How awesome those things are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your pictures! I love glass...my great granpa was a glass maker and my grandma has some really amazing glass things in her house...my favorite is a glass cain. Truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...also, I just wanted to let you know I nominated you for a "beautifil blogger award." You can head on over to my place to claim your award and nominate other blogs which inspire you like yours has inspired me!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails