Wednesday, December 2, 2009

12 Days of Giving

Life with Bubba, Chicky and Nika

Anther day...another dollar!

Sad to say, a dollar doesn't go far now a days.

So today I gave back some of what I have received.

I didn't know what my giving would be until I read a fellow blogger sorting through toys to donate, and the light bulb went off. This is something we did when my kids were young, and am pleased that my daughter follows the same tradition.

I had procrasinated the cleaning out of my closet, switching out summer clothes for winter clothes. It never fails, while going through it I find clothes with the tags still on that I never wore.

I now have a nice size box of new and some rarely worn clothes to donate to our local Crossroads Mission.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I know, I need to do the same...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! By the way, I never considered making it a tradition...but I will now. Seeing my almost 3 year old so excited to give her toys to others in need was awesome, and something I want to nurture in her. What a wonderful time of year to do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...one more thing. I just looked at the picture "bug", and I think it's so funny. I call my 15 month old son "bug."

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails