Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day 7 Thanksgiving Traditions

Each year since 1975 I have gotten an ornament for our tree. It became a traditon that each Thanksgiving I gave them their ornament, wrapped in a harvest theme (most the time I used brown paper bags and rafita) and they became the place cards at our Thanksgiving table. Each year I search and search for the pefect one for each. This year I found this at one of my blogspots.

This is such a good idea, I wanted to share it.




I remember doing this as an art project when I was little and also my kids. My mom didn't save mine and the ones I saved from when my kids did theirs at school, weren't kept properly so they aren't worth framing. However, her technique for making the ornaments gave me an idea...

Since I was picture person, and still am, I plan to go through old photos and find just the right pose of my kids. Following her instructions of printing, cutting, and painting I will be able to recreate this silhouette of my kids at a certain age, add those with their children and I would have a very personal ornament for this year. maybe even wall hangings. Capturing memories that will now last a lifetime.

When I finish this project, I will post them for all to see.

1 comment:

  1. goo idea mom .... I guess I can't make these as your gift ornament for the year then LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails