Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day 28...Thanksgivings Keep Coming...

No Way a Black Friday?...

In fact, our day turned out rather bright, with sunshine and rainbows!

Upon resting after an early and brief morning of shopping, I went out to see how my hubby was doing with the pool (he's doing it's end of the year stuff in between dry wall mud drying), and as I walked back towards thehouse I see a truck coming up the drive. At first I thought it was for my neighbor, but it didn't stop. As it came through my gate, I thought it was someone wanting to know about irrigation (we do what's called flood irrigating and we have water scheduled for today to refill the pool). Imagine my surprise when the person gets out of his truck and it's my fireman son, who I haven't seen in 6 months!

When he called that Thanksgiving night, it was the perfect ending to a perfect day. But to see him...WOW! I know when we were ending our call, I said come visit when ever you have time off, but was no way expecing it so soon.

Even our daughter, who had pulled in behind him, didn't know who it was, thought the same as I, that it was someone for the nieghbors.

And it get's better, he called his twin, (the police officer) to arrange a ride along so to spend time with him also. That meant the Officer Y had to come to house the pick him up. I immediately got things going for dinner so it was going on the table while he's on his dinner break. NO! It was not Turkey, pork chops in a french onion sauce with mashed potatoes.



Hail, hail, the gangs all here! Of course they we're not to happy to pose, but I AM THE MOMMA, thankful for the photo op!

Thankful for everything God provided us with this Thanksgiving weekend.

Thanksgivings just keep a coming!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on having your whole family together for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's awesome! So nice to have everyone together. Especially when it's a surprise!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails